Wednesday, August 29, 2012

C3 - Content Development #4 - Fashions/Clothing Editing and Designs

Fashions/Clothing Design

Now, I am going to make some clothing design, based on the researches that I conducted before. So, looks like I am going to be a fashion designer for this project, except without sewing and tailoring. For now, I still do not have the mannequins in my possession, so the designs and postures of the mannequins is in just random style. At this point, I just practice myself in designing the clothes for storyline.

So, maybe I should start with simple stuff by sketching how my mannequins should look like. Right now, I am using Photoshop to draw the mannequins template.






Next, I am going to sketch the clothing design. From here, it is all based on my concept arts, storyboards and flowcharts. Here, I just made examples by making out certain theme like what kinds of clothes/fashion that are available in Malaysia

For now, I am going to make three local traditional cultural outfits that available in Malaysia, such as Baju Kurung, Cheongsam and Sari for female and for male is Baju Melayu, Dhoti and the other one is not sure what should I call the outfits for Chinese men to wear (help me to get its name, please..).

Then, by using any references and sources that I collected, I make some few sketches first.

Cultural Outfits for Men in Malaysia

Cultural Outfits for Women in Malaysia

For the outfits, I prefer to make a darker clothing, so it will not blend with the surface color of the mannequins.


Now, I design the clothes according the position and the shape of the mannequins by using tracing method. Here are the results:





Now, all these clothes design can be applied to the mannequin and these are they will look like when wearing the clothes:








Although these are just in digital image art, but when applied the same method through real time projected visual, the result is the same.

So, for next step, I will going to make the backgrounds using the same concepts. Both background and clothes design should have the same theme, like for Malay culture outfits, will most likely have a background of old traditional houses scenery or 'kampung' style. It gives a right feel towards the viewer to see the scenery and fashion match.




No comments:

Post a Comment